This is what we offer you:
- Familiarisation internship
- Introductory days for orientation at the start of training
- A 5-day working week with detailed working hours
- Apprenticeship pay in line with collective agreements
- Holiday & Christmas bonus
- Many and extensive further training opportunities
- Various exchange programmes via the school and partner hotels
- Employee discounts in the various areas of the hotel
- Varied working day: you will always be faced with new tasks
- A pleasant working atmosphere in our team and a workplace by the sea
- Experienced trainers as contact persons for you in the respective departments
- Starter pack with reference books & a small welcome gift
- Inexpensive staff catering
- Free work wardrobe incl. cleaning
- Electronic report booklet
- Opportunity to take part in trade fairs & championships
There are many reasons to visit a 5-star hotel: companies holding conferences; families on holiday together; two people enjoying a nice first date in a restaurant. Regardless of why our guests come to us, they all have one thing in common: their hotel manager, who is there to make sure their stay is a success.
During the 3 years of training, you will spend time in various departments of the hotel, in particular
- the restaurants: here you will learn how to communicate with and advise guests, how to serve food and drinks in an appealing manner and how to set the tables
- the kitchen: you will familiarise yourself with the processes and take on tasks for the chefs
- Housekeeping: dusting, making beds, tidying up - this is where we clear the decks!
- Reception: you will learn how to make initial contact with our guests at check-in and by making room reservations over the phone, you will take care of special requests in guest service
- Banqueting: You will learn how to organise and accompany events and conferences
Training starts regularly on 1 August, with the standard training period being 3 years. Vocational school takes place in Rostock-Toitenwinkel, with 2 weeks of theory alternating with 4 weeks of practical training. The working hours during the practical phases are 8 hours/day plus breaks 5 days a week. We are also there for our guests at weekends and on public holidays.
If they perform well, we take on our trainees as skilled workers.
- a good to very good secondary school leaving certificate or A-levels
- Reliability, honesty and punctuality
- You love the hustle and bustle and can easily adapt to new situations
- A friendly, open and polite demeanour is a matter of course for you
- You are a real team player